Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Great Ocean Road

Part of Mom and my road trip was the Great Ocean Road. I goes pretty much from Melbourne to Adelaide right along, you guessed it, the ocean. It is a really pretty drive and I bet it would be fun to drive it if you had the right car, mine made it not so fun. There are tons of twists and turns and hills, I think I went 30km per hour the whole trip.

We thought these were funny. They used to be used to tie boats too and they were everywhere.
One of the main sights is London Bridge. This used to be connected to the mainland and you could walk across it. Until about ten years ago when it collapsed in the middle and left a few people stranded on the other side.
This is called the 12 apostles. I think there used to be 12 of them, but we couldn't see that many. Plus It was super cold and ugly out so we didn't stick around long to try!
We drove through the rain forest and got to see many koalas in the trees. They would stare right at you and watch your every move, it was pretty cool.

No comments: